Non-fungible tokens (NFTs) are electronic identifiers that verify the existence and the ownership of a digital collectible. The technology has been around since at least 2017, and come as an offshoot of the boom in cryptocurrencies, which also run on the blockchain.
“Some people struggle with this idea because they want to know, what is it you actually own?” he said. “But people of a younger generation don’t struggle with it. It’s a very old-world idea, wanting to hold something in your hand, as if the intangible or the immaterial doesn’t have value.”Kevin Abosch
At ShiRK we have long believed in the value of the intangible and so we take our intangible hats off to Beeple, aka Mike Winkelmann, sold his work Everydays – The First 5000 Days in March 2021. It went an impressive $69.3million, which is the highest price paid for an NFT so far.
But what is next after the feeding frenzy of NFTs? SHiRK is never afraid to be at the bleeding edge of an Art Revolution and so we have invested all our SHiRK resources into FFTs, Fully Fungible Tokens. FFTs are a physical representation of the intangible, a promise, what could be more immaterial than that?
FFTs – Up the revolution!
FFTs have a number of intrinsic, but effervescent advantages over NFTs, and those unquantifiable features are listed below :-
- Anonymity – FFTs have broken free of the oppressive Orwellian strictures of blockchain and transaction history and provide a fully anonymous methodology. You literally have no way of knowing who owned the FFT before you.
- Compatible with all computer operating systems and hardware.
- No ongoing platform or maintenance costs to the holder.
- Every FFT carries a unique serial code.
- Established and proven trust model dates back to 1694.
- Strong Eco credentials, no electricity needed to mine, no power drain incurred on holding.
- Zero boot time – “Instant On” technology as standard.
- 100% fungible, and you can’t get more fungible than that!
I want a FFT, where can I get one?
For those who can see a bright future for FFTs, getting in as an “early bird” is one of the most profitable trading strategies. Demand is clearly high because we could only find one current listing on Ebay, and that was being auctioned off to the highest bidder. We suggest setting up an Ebay alert for the key words “FFT” and “Fully Fungible”
We do not accept any liability for any loss or damage which is incurred from you acting or not acting as a result of reading any of our publications. You acknowledge that you use the information we provide at your own risk.
Our publications do not offer investment advice and nothing in them should be construed as investment advice. Our publications provide information and education for investors who can make their investment decisions without advice.
The information contained in our publications is not, and should not be read as, an offer or recommendation to buy or sell or a solicitation of an offer or recommendation to buy or sell any securities. Our publications are not, and should not be seen as, a recommendation to use any particular investment strategy.